Deadline: 23 September 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to assure and manage the provision of effective logistical and administrative support services to a relevant operational unit.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform following functions:
- Provide logistical and administrative support:
- Proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and assets.
- Preparation of accurate inventory lists and documentation of office and project properties.
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment in the area of responsibility.
- Application of an equipment management and accounting system.
- Process requests from the office.
- Manage transportation services with a focus on achieving the following results:
- Ensure that all office vehicles are properly maintained and repaired to ensure optimal performance under safe operating conditions in accordance with UNOPS Vehicle Management Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that all transportation needs of Management staff and offices are handled in accordance with security measures.
- Daily logbook on fuel consumption and mileage of vehicles.
- Apply a repair and maintenance system for all office equipment, including computer equipment, generators, etc.
- Effective maintenance and building maintenance activities.
- Implementation of an electricity policy in line with the city’s electricity capacity and generator sets.
- Provide support for information management and sharing with a focus on achieving the following results:
- Participation in training activities of program staff, operations and projects on topics related to logistics and transportation.
- Strong contribution to information networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other assigned tasks.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate university degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in business administration or a similar field.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience is mandatory.
- Relevant experience is defined as an administrative or operational support experience.
- Experience in computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and / or newer versions) and knowledge of compute packages and databases are desired.
- Proficiency in French (read, spoken and written) is mandatory.
- Level of intermediate English (read, spoken and written) is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.