Deadline: 20 March 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant (Retainer) in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Administrative Assistant will support activities related to the planning and implementation of interagency projects and the establishment of new partnerships.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation of activities under BRG-REF, including but not limited to draft project material and reports.
- Assist the Deputy in the coordination of activities and processes with UNOPS and UNOPS’ suppliers/service providers and become focal point.
- Provide administrative supports to the Deputy in project-related matters, including business correspondences, contracts, travel booking, visas, etc.
- Responsible for managing Deputy’s calendars and agenda, as well as organizing meetings and preparing the minutes of meetings.
- Provide assistance for pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities.
- Provide assistance in financial tasks related to BRG-REF and the Deputy, including but not limited to prepare requests for payments; provision of information for reports on financial status, costs and expenditures, and potential funding problems.
- Assist the Deputy on the administration of allowances, travel claims and other related financial matters, and on the calculation of payments due for claims and services.
- Other administrative and financial tasks requested by the Deputy to support the implementation of programme and activities.
Applicants must have-
- High School Diploma in Social Science or related field with minimum 4 years of work experience in providing administrative support or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administrative management or in related field with some relevant experience may be considered in lieu of four years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in providing administrative support or related field in combination with high school diploma.
- Prior experience in secretarial/executive support or related position is an asset.
- Experience in assisting for project management is preferred.
- Experience in project related to peatland restoration is an advantage.
- Have good digital competence (MS Office), writing and drawing skills.
- Intermediate level in English and fluency in Indonesia Language is required.
- Indonesian language includes “Bahasa”.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.