Deadline: 26 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in San José, Costa Rica.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the project / office, ensuring high quality and accuracy in their work.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Maintenance of the system and reports, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Entry and extraction of information from automated systems. Verification and accuracy of information in backup copies and files.
- Accurate, complete and timely generation of system reports, records and data, for the use of the entire work team.
- Request for complete services, in an efficient and timely manner, according to the procedures and with a customer-oriented approach.
- Compilation of information, analysis and preparation of reports for monitoring purposes.
- Provide secretarial and office support, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Selection, registration and routing of incoming and outgoing correspondence, as well as telephone calls inside and outside the unit.
- Writing and / or correction of letters as requested.
- Timely responses to inquiries about the administrative area by messengers, assistants and secretaries; provision of objective information regarding requests for services, schedules and messaging procedures.
- Support in the organization of weekly and extraordinary meetings, including scheduling assistance for those involved, sending meeting requests and booking meeting rooms.
- Provide support to the construction and exchange of knowledge focusing on achieving the following results:
- Participation in training for operations / project management personnel.
- Contribution of networks and communities of knowledge of the practice.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Diploma or Secondary Education degree, is required.
- Technical degree in secretarial, assistant and / or related areas will be considered valuable and may replace some years of experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in reception, secretarial and / or assistance functions of office support, is required.
- Experience in the use of MS Office packages or computer systems (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), is desirable.
- Advanced level management of the Spanish language is required.
- Desirable handling of the English language at intermediate level.
- Nationality of Costa Rica.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.