Deadline: 20 February 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Admin Unit for seamless service delivery and smooth office operations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Research and retrieve statistical, budgetary, financial and procurement data from internal and external sources.
- Prepare statistical charts, tables and reports, extracting data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Provide administrative support to the office for meetings, workshops; including venue booking, invitations and logistic arrangements.
- Supervise office reception services.
- Compiles information for periodic audits
- Process in One UNOPS requisitions, purchase orders, office supplies and other administrative service activities, timely issuance of payment requests and contracts.
- Organize storage, preparation of documents for UNOPS orders received, all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions.
- Conduct physical inventory checks, drafting periodic inventory and asset reports;
- Act as Custodian for management of office supplies including maintenance of stock list of office supplies, distribution of office supplies as required by staff, keeping a log of distribution and preparing monthly consumption reports.
- Support the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent discipline is desirable.
- In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in general administrative or operations’ support services national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience working in Enterprise systems and in Google environment is desirable (G drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs).
- Full working knowledge of English and Myanmar language is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.