Deadline: 22 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform following functions-
- Prepare general or administrative correspondence on its own initiative or, on the basis of instructions or guidance.
- Ensure that reports and technical documents comply with the standards, rules, practices and procedures of the WHO, modify and correct them if necessary before submitting them to the signature or authorization of the competent authority.
- Use appropriate monitoring tools, ensure that correspondence and requests are processed in a timely manner and on time.
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all official correspondence. Assist in the operation of the Sub Bureau.
- Administration of meetings and travels- Assist in the booking of flights and hotels for official WHO travel.
- Support the preparation of travel requests (TR).
- Support the administrative preparation of meetings, seminars, workshops, including letters of invitation, mission order and cost calculation.
- Assist in the planning of periodic meetings. team and ad hoc as needed.
- Take and prepare minutes.
- Collect information and material for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Purchase of goods and services – Initiate requests for goods and services required and ensure that all documents comply with the requirements of WHO rules and regulations.
- Track the delivery of goods and services, including submission. technical reports required for service contracts. (APW, Consultants, TSA, SSA).
- Assist the inventory of goods and equipment.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school diploma in administration, accounting management or commercial management.
- At least 8 years of experience in administrative and financial management or related field.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Capacity to communicate and train.
- Knowledge of WHO, UN system or NGOs at global and national level would be an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.