Deadline: 1 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in N’Djamena, Chad. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that technical reports and documents comply with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, by revising them and correcting them if necessary before submitting them for signature Competent authority.
- Use an appropriate tracking tool, follow and make sure that the target dates are met and that correspondence and queries are processed in a timely manner.
- Check that outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with the styles and procedures of the WHO and its departments, and check the spelling, grammar and grammar. accuracy before submitting it for signature of the operations charge.
- Continuous review of the filing system to ensure that information is up-to-date and used effectively.
- Coordinate the writing of technical documents requested and provided by professional staff, as well as other programs, to ensure that they are logically compiled, formatted and assembled to facilitate the workload of operations.
- Meeting Administration – Organize, coordinate the administrative preparation of meetings, seminars, workshops, including: prepare event plans in GSM / Oracle, letters of approval ‘invitation, cost estimates and transportation requests; assist in the preparation of documents; send material and liaise with participants and others involved.
- Prepare presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on their own initiative or on the basis of instructions.
- Plan team / department meeting according to schedules and; write minutes and track action points to ensure a quick response to requests from the load of operations.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- High school or administrative technical training.
- At least 5 in the field.
- Experience in administrative support positions at WHO or another UN agency would be an asset.
- Experience in Oracle systems or other ERP systems, an asset.
- Good knowledge of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Excellent knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and practices in administrative and financial management.
- Good planning skills.
- Ability to create and maintain healthy working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The work requires the use of word processing software or other software, as well as standard office equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.