Deadline: 3 March 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide primary assistance and support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring that the required documentation is in place before processing the transactions.
- Create Country Office (CO) purchase orders (PO), Service Entry Sheets and Short-Term contracts in admin portal.Coordinate with responsible staff on closure of old PO commitments, clean up and clearance of open items and accruals.
- Handle routine payment related queries from vendors and supporting the Country Office Accountant to ensure vendor accounts are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Receive vendor invoices, ensuring compliance with Global Payment Provider system requirements.
- Master the Global Payments Provider (GPP) system to assist CO staff, internal & external clients and vendors as appropriate including ensuring vendor bank details are up to date in the GPP system.
- Frequent interaction with GPP Team and timely response to the daily reports.Keep track of payments submitted, ensure vendor payments are processed and received in a timely manner.
- Monitor usage of office consumables / supplies and produce monthly reports.
- Assist in asset management tasks including physical verification, maintenance, recording, reconciliation, monitor movements and participate in asset disposal activities.
- Handle routine data entry, check writing, online banking, filing of accounting documents and Resource Management records.
- Compile VAT claims and other statutory requirements for review before submission to government on a monthly basis.Handle custody of petty cash and cash collections.
- Handle vendor registration for firms and organizations.
- Ensure that service providers’ maintenance contracts are valid and up to date; and that office services are provided and monitored on a regular basis.
- Respond to Quality Assurance Services’ queries or other reviewing units as required.Provide appropriate back up to colleagues and perform other tasks assigned with respect to the Country Office program.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- High school certificate, preferably a college diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least 3 year’s of working experience, preferably in a computerized work environment.
- Demonstrate technical skills working with Microsoft office.
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP R3 Enterprise will be an added advantage.
- Commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the Internal control guidelines, ability to ensure compliance and escalate any potential control risks.
- Proven consistent dedication to excellence and attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with external vendors to provide high level services to the office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the supervisor and respond to client requests.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good command of English language both written and oral.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.