Deadline: 3 March 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide primary assistance and support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring that the required documentation is in place before processing the transactions.
- Create Country Office (CO) purchase orders (PO), Service Entry Sheets and Short-Term contracts in admin portal.Coordinate with responsible staff on closure of old PO commitments, clean up and clearance of open items and accruals.
- Handle routine payment related queries from vendors and supporting the Country Office Accountant to ensure vendor accounts are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Receive vendor invoices, ensuring compliance with Global Payment Provider system requirements.
- Master the Global Payments Provider (GPP) system to assist CO staff, internal & external clients and vendors as appropriate including ensuring vendor bank details are up to date in the GPP system.
- Frequent interaction with GPP Team and timely response to the daily reports.Keep track of payments submitted, ensure vendor payments are processed and received in a timely manner.
- Monitor usage of office consumables / supplies and produce monthly reports.
- Assist in asset management tasks including physical verification, maintenance, recording, reconciliation, monitor movements and participate in asset disposal activities.
- Handle routine data entry, check writing, online banking, filing of accounting documents and Resource Management records.
- Compile VAT claims and other statutory requirements for review before submission to government on a monthly basis.Handle custody of petty cash and cash collections.
- Handle vendor registration for firms and organizations.
- Ensure that service providers’ maintenance contracts are valid and up to date; and that office services are provided and monitored on a regular basis.
- Respond to Quality Assurance Services’ queries or other reviewing units as required.Provide appropriate back up to colleagues and perform other tasks assigned with respect to the Country Office program.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- High school certificate, preferably a college diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least 3 year’s of working experience, preferably in a computerized work environment.
- Demonstrate technical skills working with Microsoft office.
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP R3 Enterprise will be an added advantage.
- Commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the Internal control guidelines, ability to ensure compliance and escalate any potential control risks.
- Proven consistent dedication to excellence and attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with external vendors to provide high level services to the office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the supervisor and respond to client requests.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good command of English language both written and oral.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.