Deadline: 11 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant (Fleet Management) in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administrative Assistant (Fleet Management) is responsible to assist in the overall management of UNDP Fleet and transport, administrative services, administers and executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant (Fleet Management) will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Ensure efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of transport, shuttle services and shipments.
- Roster development and drivers’ workday management.
- Track the vehicles across the country through VTS and solve any issues related to the system.
- Coordination of fleet and transport arrangements at Country Office and Projects level.
- Provide support to proper supply required for effective transport services, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of vehicle management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic vehicle logbook reports.
- Effective transport and fleet management support:
- Provision of effective transportation service to UNDP Staff and coordinate the daily vehicle booking for different official purposes.
- To dispatch and assign drivers for the various program and units of UNDP CO time by time.
- Manage and coordinate transport related tasks including drivers daily, weekly and monthly schedules, leave plan and weekend duty roster etc.
- Effectively manage and supervise transport staff in consultation with the Administrative Services Specialist.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures.
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Coordinate regular refresher trainings for the drivers with the relevant units.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education.
- Certification in administration desirable.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in administration or programmed support service with focus on transport and/or fleet management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Minimum category 3 valid driving license and basic vehicle mechanical skills Ability to handle HF and VHF radio communication and radio protocol.
- Armored vehicle management experience is essential.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.