Deadline: 15 October 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant II in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant II will perform the following functions:
- Perform administrative support functions, including but not limited to maintaining the Unit Chief’s agenda, organize teleconferences and virtual/on-site meetings, maintain the calendar of appointments and deadlines; prepare routine correspondence in English and Spanish; draft letters, reports, technical documents, charts, and a variety of correspondence involving the use of technical terminology; prepare agendas and other material for use on official trips or special meetings;
- Review all incoming correspondence which require action by HSS/MT; identify urgent matters, and ensure that these are handled expeditiously, determining which can be answered by specific Office personnel; gather necessary background documentation for correspondence requiring action; make recommendations regarding the appropriate action to be taken; monitor to ensure that deadlines for responses are met; follow up with various personnel in the Unit for the submission of reports and formulation of correspondence;
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts; follow up on the submission of reports and correspondence in order to meet established deadlines;
- Assist in the preparation of technical and financial reports as well as consolidation of information within the unit to improve monitoring and follow up of plans, projects and related strategies;
- Serve as liaison for logistical and operational processes and activities, as well as with other offices throughout the Organization; communicate procedures to be followed for meetings of Governing Bodies, Advisory Committees, etc.;
Applicants must have:
- Certificate of completion of high school.
- Training in management and/or financial systems would be an asset.
- 5 years of administrative work experience.
- Very good knowledge of English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.