Deadline: 23 December 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Quito, Ecuador.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items.
- Perform the required office inventories, and supports on tasks related to ensure inventory controls, its utilization and disposal.
- Monitor adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensure that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Assist supervisor on the administration of courier, telephone and mobile accounts.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Gathers data and produces monitoring reports for Office Greening initiative.
- Support office accommodation, movement/installation of office furniture and equipment; procure computer hardware/software as recommended by supervisor and approved by Head of Office.
- Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information.
- Support the Operations Officer in the monitoring of the utilization of all financial input requisitions and report to the supervisor for necessary adjustments (over-utilization, shortage of funds, etc.).
- Familiarize with programme monitoring related instructions/tools and report to supervisor for significant changes.
- Support the Operations Officer in security and business continuity tasks Management of UNICEF staff database in UNDSS.
- Gather and prepare information related to maintain updated the BCP.
Applicants must have –
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by progressive formal training in business administration, information technology.
- University degree is an asset
- Minimum 4 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Thorough Information Technology skills required.
- Advanced computer literacy and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (including excel, visio, outlook and One drive tools).
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of English is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.