Deadline: 21 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the office/department/unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Maintenance of hard copy and electronic files, reference materials and confidential records as required.
- Collaboration in the preparation of the budget plan for the office.
- Review and monitoring of expenditures against the budget for the office, bringing to the attention of the supervisor any problem or discrepancy that warrants further review.
- Ensure effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
- Performance of a Buyer role in one UNOPS (UNOPS ERP) and preparation of POs for travel activities, payments, contracts.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, including their preliminary evaluation.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) are would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.