Deadline: 11 July 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administrative Associate is responsible for providing support to the ASG through the administration and execution of a variety of activities and transactions to ensure the efficient flow of information and communication to and from the office of the ASG to facilitate timely action and decision making, arranging and scheduling meetings and events.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide executive support to the Assistant Secretary General (ASG):
- Screen all in-coming correspondence by identifying which matters should be brought to the immediate attention of the ASG or which may be appropriately referred to other officials within the Bureau.
- Anticipate the ASG’s requirements for background materials in all areas of responsibility, and ensure briefing materials for appointments, meetings and missions are complete and up-to-date.
- Maintain/ manage the ASG’s calendar and schedule appointments and meetings as necessary based on knowledge of the ASG’s workload and current priorities.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the office of the ASG:
- Coordinate and maintain the administrative and protocol procedures of UN Women and ensure that these are applied in the Bureau.
- Establish and maintain the filling system of the Bureau ensuring proper indexing and logging of correspondence and reports and safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Liaise with senior officials in the Bureau in following up and reminding staff members of deadlines for commitments and work assignments and coordinate the collection and submission of reports.
- Provide administrative support to the office communications:
- Periodically review the efficiency of current administrative procedures and make proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks or streamline office procedures.
- Review out-going correspondence and reports prepared by other staff members for grammatical accuracy and adherence to formal clearance and reporting requirements.
- Manage the office budget:
- Monitor the expenditures in line with operating budget, allocations and objectives. Keep the ASG informed for timely intervention and/or action.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- Completion of Global General Service Test (GGST) or UN Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) – formerly known as the UN Clerical Test.
- University degree in Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in administration, preferably working for senior officials in the United Nations, including contact with diplomatic personnel and the various offices of the Secretariat.
- Proficient in office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience in working with web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Nationality of United States.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.