Deadline: 25 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Associate in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The Administrative Associate will is responsible to provide technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results on education programmes/projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Associate will perform following functions-
- Management of Drivers
- Manage, supervise and coordinate team of drivers and ensures equitable allocation of personnel to the Country Office Travel Plan.
- Monitor overtime amounts for all drivers and ensure timely certification and approval as authorized.
- Vehicle Fleet Management
- Co-ordinate transport-related matters for an effective and smooth functioning of the country office. Responsible for the daily transportation plan making necessary adjustments as per last minute changes/requirements.
- Coordinate drivers by assigning them appropriate daily routines.
- Direct oversight of the vehicle fleet to ensure timely, efficient and cost-effective maintenance and servicing, records maintenance and up-to-date vehicle movements monitoring and recording.
- Ensure MOSS Compliance on all vehicles
- Ensure MOSS compliance on all vehicles and conduct and document quarterly checks on all vehicles.
- Carry out spot checks on all departing and returning vehicles for damage or mechanical defects.
- Ensure registration of new office vehicles
- Timely registration of new office vehicles with relevant local bodies.
- Arrange for requisite decals/signage as necessary.
- Make recommendations on vehicle disposals as per guidelines.
- Ensure correct driver documentation for travel
- Ensures driver documentation for travel is correctly completed and submitted in time for processing, according to the Travel Plan.
- Monitor itinerary deviations and seek approvals for extensions from relevant authorizing sections where necessary.
- Ensure Monthly Reporting on vehicle utilization
- Provide monthly reports or as required on vehicle utilization, driver allocations, fuel utilization and travel allocations among others.
- Submit timely bi-annual and annual reports as required to regional office and HQ on all office vehicles records.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.