Deadline: 20 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Associate in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Administrative Associate will supervises support personnel. He/she together with the team will work in close collaboration with the operations, finance, project managers and project teams to exchange information and ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Associate will perform the following functions:
- Management Support:
- Monitor team performance against service agreements with clients, and client satisfaction.
- Administer inventory control, supervising proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Coordinate individual work areas and coaches personnel in execution of standard office transactions, processes and client services for work areas, ensuring full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies and knowledge of the work areas.
- Team Management:
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Logistics, Asset Management Services:
- Coordinate supply and assets management services and physical verification of inventory items ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Manage liaison and coordination with local authorities on authorizations/privileges and immunities for UNOPS personnel, office space and other administrative matters.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing:
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Technical Diploma or University degree (or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- 6 years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge French language is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.