International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Coordinator in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Edit and/or transcribe reports, papers and manuscripts, proposals and other documents as needed, including the preparation of tables, charts, graphs, and bibliographies.
- Draft routine correspondence as needed for division staff.
- Establish and maintain hard copy and electronic file systems as needed.
- Prepare travel and field expense reports and provide accounting support to the Senior Administrative Coordinator.
- Prepare hotel and travel requests for staff and visitors, assist in coordinating visa applications, request for itineraries, and issuance of air and/or train tickets, cash advances/honoraria, and preparation of travel expense reports.
- Coordinate with Travel Office & Accounting for processing travel requests.
- Coordinate arrangements for organizing special events, including lunches, meetings, seminars and workshops and other training events at IFPRI Headquarters or abroad. This function will include travel arrangements and hotel reservations for all participants, meeting room reservation, organizing meeting materials, presentation requirements, setting up teleconference, catering and taking/taping and/or transcribing of minutes of meeting, as needed.
- Provide logistical support for visitors, to include office/hotel reservation, pick-up and return of office keys, computer connections, assigned office name tag/labeling, and arrangement for brown bag/seminar/presentation.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Solid composition, grammar and proofreading skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential matters.
- Demonstrated expertise with financial information.
- Familiarity with monitoring/managing project budgets and contracts.
- Experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent typing skills required; 50-65 wpm preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through to closure.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with little supervision.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.