Deadline: 3 December 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative-Finance Assistant in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The duration for this post is 6 months.
The Administrative/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the County Office and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative-Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative, procurement and HR activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of workplans.
- Provide administrative, finance, procurement, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, procurement, financial and personnel matters and ensure their compliance.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, study tours, etc.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Provision of all necessary support in organization of the above, as well as report to submission to UNDP office.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring the Inventory Records, maintain the records and files on assets management, distribute the stationery to personnel and provide advice on procurement of goods to avoid unnecessary purchase.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration, procurement, finance and HR.
- Briefing personnel on general administrative, financial and personnel matters.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Secondary education.
- Certificates in finance/accounting.
- At least 3 years of relevant administrative and accounting/financial experience at national and/or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Practical experience in procurement is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.