Deadline: 20 August 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions:
- Report to the Program Implementation & Influencing Area Manager (PIIAM).
- Ensure compliance with Plan International Sierra Leone’s procurement procedures.
- Ensure payment of goods and services in compliance with standards in place.
- Contribute to the development of supplier’s roster and monitor its periodic update.
- Ensure the organization works with competent and reliable suppliers.
- Preparation, co-ordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets.
- Provide logistical support for project activities; including transport for client visits, events such as workshops, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works.
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy.
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, Purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements.
- Submit procurement documents, contract and LPOs for payment processing.
- Contribute to the development and monitor a Long Term Agreement for the Program Unit.
- Ensure effective implementation of Plan Policy and procedures on management of vehicles.
- Issue a monthly report on fuel consumption.
- Make sure facilities are in good order for Plan’s work.
- Manage Inventories (stock).
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual logistics related reports.
- Align asset management with organizational standards.
- Support asset disposal process.
- Contribute to cost recovery efforts.
Applicants must have:
- A recognized Diploma in Procurement and Logistics or similar qualification from a reputable institution of learning.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience managing procurement in a reputable organization.
- Good understanding of procurement processes and linkages with other operations.
- Team working skills with attention to contributions from other team members.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage various workloads with short deadlines in fragile and culturally dynamic environments.
- Diplomatic and interpersonal skill including negotiation and influence skills.
- Capacity to work with many stakeholders belonging to different professional environments.
- Excellent IT knowledge, especially capacity to use common applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
- Loyal, honest, trustworthy and respectful of procedures.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a comprehensive cover letter and clear CV that includes the contact of two of their referees, one of whom should be their current or most recent supervisor through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.