Deadline: 2 March 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide input to the Head of Unit (EMS) in managing financial, administrative, and human resources related issues.
- Administer the budget and finance of the office and ensure compliant and efficient use of financial resources within the Unit in accordance with financial rules and regulations.
- Monitor the work planning and allocation of financial resources for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other financial tools; providing financial reports, data and statistics.
- Provide guidance on financial administration to managers and staff.
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of work plan activities ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Ensure smooth running of operations of administrative services including procurement of goods and services, travel, communications, and information technology needs of the office, and local service requirements.
- Upon request, support Incident Manager administration structure and backstopping for emergency activities at any level of the Organization or scale of emergency.
- Support with the External Relations Department, the Grant Management Team and the Budget & Finance Team to facilitate the timely finalization and submission of reports (technical and financial), in accordance with donor requirements and deadlines, and provide oversight for the acute management grant portfolio.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicant must have:
- First university degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field relevant to the position.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in the area of administration implementing budget and finance, human resources activities for a programme. Demonstrated exposure working at the international level.
- Concrete skills in the managing administrative processes
- Sound knowledge and skills in accounting and finance.
- Sound skills and understanding in the area human resources
- Sound skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Strong computer skills in office applications including excel, PowerPoint, and word.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.