Deadline: 13 May 2016
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Kiev, Ukraine.
The Administrative Officer will provide substantial assistance with administration, budgetary and financial management matters ensuring accountability and adherence to the UN Financial Rules and Regulations.
OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare and revise cost plans in line with work plans and financial rules and regulations and ensure that costs are reasonably estimated.
- Prepare quarterly requests for funds (financial authorizations) and monitor obligations and expenditures against financial authorizations in line with approved cost plans.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal controls to monitor and ensure that financial resources are utilized to implement activities in accordance with work plans and cost plans.
- Provide guidance to functional units on financial accountability within programme responsibilities and on the effective use of programme resources. Coordinate the production of financial reports for headquarters and donors.
- Develops procedures and implement same to ensure that accounting and financial management controls are consistent with UN policy and practice.
- Prepare payroll for national staff and follow up with UNDP on monthly payment orders for international staff to ensure timely payments.
- Verify inter-office vouchers (IOVs) prepared by UNDP to confirm accuracy of accounts and to allow for reconciliation with OCHA’s accounting system.
- Ensure proper management of office assets, including maintenance of inventory, physical verification of assets and disposal of assets.
- Supervises and/or provides guidance on financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management, or other related area is required.
- Relevant field experience in emergency situations is desirable.
- Experience within the United Nations common system or other international organization in handling administration, finance and human resources matters is desirable.
- Experience with Umoja or similar enterprise resource planning tools is desirable.
- Relevant experience in the region is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OCHA.