Deadline: 8 July 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrator WASH in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The Administrator WASH will be responsible for the preparation, management and implementation of several administrative and technical tasks related to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the results of the project.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrator WASH will perform following functions-
- Program development and planning
- Conduct status analysis updates for WASH to inform WASH impact development and production results.
- Initiate research and report on WASH trends for use in program development, management, supervision and evaluation.
- Provide and prepare support and technical reports respectively for the preparation and documentation of the program, ensuring accurate, timely and relevant information.
- Management and supervision of the program, and obtaining results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to gather / analyze / share information on implementation issues, propose solutions for the routine implementation of the program, and alert relevant stakeholders and officials for interventions and / or higher level decisions.
- Maintain evaluations and reports for easy reference and / or assimilation of lessons learned and institutionalization.
- Participate in evaluation and control exercises, program reviews and annual sector reviews, with the government and other partners.
- Prepare outcome reports for required interventions / actions at the senior level of program management.
- Operational and technical support in the implementation of the program
- Conduct surveys and field visits, gather and share reports with partners / stakeholders. Report bottlenecks and serious problems, as well as any problems to the supervisor to take quick action.
- Provide operational and technical support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners, and other country office donors / partners in implementation, and understand policy, strategies, methods and UNICEF best practices on WASH to support program implementation.
- Preparation and humanitarian interventions in the context of WASH
- Prepare requests for provisions, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure that UNICEF is ready to meet its WASH commitments in case of emergency.
- Understand and study UNICEF emergency response procedures.
- Endorse supportive roles in emergency response and early recovery, as required.
- Building networks and partnerships
- Establish and maintain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders, by more actively sharing information and knowledge.
- Develop communication and information materials for WASH advocacy, to raise awareness, build partnerships / alliances, and to support fundraising activities for WASH.
- Participate in UNDAF (United Nations Development Assistance Framework) inter-agency planning meetings to integrate and harmonize UNICEF production results and implementation strategies with planning processes and development of UNDAF (UNDAF).
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Assist in the preparation of learning products / knowledge tools, which include good practices and innovative approaches, to support the development of the WASH sector as a whole.
Applicants must have-
- First university degree or equivalent in one or more of the relevant disciplines in the following fields: public health, social sciences, communication for behavioral change, sanitary and hydraulic engineering, civil works or other (s) discipline (s) relevant for international development assistance in this area.
- Other relevant third-cycle courses that complement the master degree are a considerable asset.
- Minimum 2 of relevant professional experience on WASH programs in developing countries.
- Experience working in the United Nations System or another international development organization is an asset.
- Mastering French.
- Good knowledge of English as a working language is an asset.
- Good teamwork skills in a multicultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the usual computer software (Word, Excel).
- Nationality of Madagascar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit cover letter, a detailed CV and a copy of Highest degree through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.