Deadline: 18 May 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Project Management & Coordination in Brasilia, Brazil. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advisor, Project Management & Coordination will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the development of the communication and advocacy strategy for the Project, including the interface and knowledge sharing of experiences with the countries involved in the Project.
- Coordinate the implementation of training programs and tools to support the capacity building component of the Project.
- Monitor the adequate implementation of the components of the Project; facilitate technical analysis of progress, identify obstacles and propose changes in the interventions, if required, to meet agreed upon results.
- Maintain transparent and continuous relations with the Brazilian ministries and public agencies involved in the Project, as well as the Cuban Embassy in Brazil, in order to ensure that the activities of the Project remain aligned with its official Agreements.
- Approve, monitor and evaluate work plans and budgets, and conduct financial reviews to ensure proper use of grant funds to achieve results agreed upon as per defined indicators.
- Act as principal liaison with the Deputy Representative, PAHO/WHO Representative (PWR) and the Department of Health Systems and Services (HSS) in order to keep all stakeholders informed on the progress, challenges, successes, financial implementation and overall administrative activities of the Project.
- Provide technical and managerial support to all the components of the Project; conduct and participate in site visits, both for detailed planning of activities and tasks, and to monitor and supervise the implementation of the Project as a whole, in coordination with the Deputy Representative, PWR and technical guidance of HSS.
- Oversee the inter-programmatic planning and monitoring of the Project and the incorporation of cross cutting components (gender, cultural diversity and human rights) in its programming.
- Coordinate the preparation of monitoring and progress reports in accordance with Project agreement, both technical and financial.
- Provide technical advice on knowledge management, using all the available means for the dissemination of relevant evidence-based information.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in a health or social science and a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or health services administration from a recognized university.
- Specialized training in leadership or management would be an asset.
- 9 years of combined national and international experience in management and administration of international public health programs, including at least 5 years of management experience in positions with direct responsibility for managing both human and financial resources.
- Relevant work experience in the United Nations or other multilateral institution, non-governmental or humanitarian organizations would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.