Deadline: 21 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Cox Bazar, Bangladesh.
The Area Manager will lead the implementation of programme activities and creation of results, which impacts Rohingya refugees and host community in Ukhiya.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
- Line manage Area Support and Program staff ensuring inter-department co-ordination.
- Participate in and coordinate with the senior management team ensuring regular information flows and timely decisions.
- Provide leadership in overseeing logistical/procurement, Human Resources/administration and office services activities and ensure their timely/efficient delivering.
- Representation, coordination and reporting
- Primary DRC representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant fora/meetings in order to strengthen DRC’s position.
- Ensure effective cooperation with NGO partners for effective and contract-compliant programme implementation.
- Maintain close working relationships with donors, national and international organizations.
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of external reports from area of operation.
- Programme development and implementation
- Participate in and contribute to the process of adapting DRC national strategy to the local context and circumstances.
- Provide regular analysis on the context and humanitarian situation in the area for the development of project proposals and safety assessments in cooperation with the Head of Programmes.
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of all organizational and project reports and staff contributions to organizational monitoring and evaluation requirements to ensure project quality, relevance and accountability to DRC’s beneficiary populations.
- Support staff to integrate protection and migration concerns and awareness into other sectors as relevant.
- Finance and Administration:
- Ensure that the Support Services Manager oversee and regularly update a comprehensive master budget of all of DRC’s operations under his responsibility.
- Collaborate regularly with the coordination-based finance team to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of all grants.
- Ensure full compliance with DRC and donor financial guidelines and policies.
- Assume responsibility for staff safety in the area of operation.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding safety, security and the context is collected, updated and shared in a regular and timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Cox’s Bazar Safety Coordinator and Senior Management Team to make decisions and manage security incidents at a local level.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 7-10 year’s experience in relevant field overseeing humanitarian and development multi-sector, multi-donor programmes in complex and volatile environments.
- At least 5 year’s experience in people management.
- Strong leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Practical and extensive financial, Human Resources and administration management.
- Substantial work experience in the areas of emergency, protection, camp management, development sector, especially with displaced/refugees communities can substitute education qualification.
- External stakeholder management (especially with local authorities).
- Experience with relevant donor guidelines.
- Proven excellent communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.