Deadline: 21 January 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant (Communications) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Assistant (Communications) will be responsible to increase the awareness in Member States of WHO’s policies and public health issues in general, and to gain public support for its achievement, through the design of a comprehensive communication policy and strategy for WHO-SEARO.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant (Communications) will perform the following functions-
- Assist in staging approved content for online communications.
- Collect, caption, catalogue photos and checks for copyrights.
- Maintain SEARO online photo repository.
- Upload photos WHO/SEARO photo library.
- Assist in conducting photo search and edits photos for advocacy products.
- Conduct daily Media Monitoring of all electronic media from SEAR countries, compile and circulate to all staff.
- Update and maintain a country-wise media list in a web-based database like “Mail chimp”.
- Ensure safe storage of exhibits/posters and advocacy material.
- Provide administrative support to the SEARO communication training program.
- Draft routine correspondence, emails, memorandum in accordance with standard office procedure.
- Provide administrative support in organizing press briefings and media workshops.
- Make travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel authorization and assembles information pertinent to purpose of travel.
- Arrange appointments/meetings and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receives calls from media.
- Assist in production and dissemination of press releases, media statements, op-eds, videos and other advocacy material and performs other related duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- At least 3 year’s of administrative/clerical related experience.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Hindi.
- Knowledge of Photoshop is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.