Deadline: 31 May 2016
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Director in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Assistant Director for the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD), in close collaboration with the Faculty Director for the MGHD, will support recruitment, admissions, and matriculation processes for MGHD students, faculty, and program administration.
UGHE is a new kind of university focused on the delivery of health care to those who need it most.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Director will perform the following functions-
- Recruit candidates in the MGHD Program.
- Coordinate logistics for and oversee events and processes related to recruitment, admissions, scholarships, matriculation, and graduation.
- Participate in candidate evaluation through informal meetings and information sessions, written applications, entrance examination, admission interviews, and scholarship assessment.
- Develop and coordinate programmatic logistics to support academic experience such as weeklong and weekend learning intensives, evening courses, and related events.
- Identify and disseminate appropriate scholarship and fellowship opportunities for current and prospective students; accompany students through the scholarship application and acceptance process.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective and current MGHD students.
- Manage and generate reports derived from candidate and student data.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in education, health, social science, business, humanities, or in another relevant field.
- Commitment to social justice, health care, and equity.
- Experience mentoring master’s students.
- Experience working with faculty.
- Experience managing admission and scholarship processes, products, and timelines for university programs.
- Experience working in Rwanda or in other relevant contexts.
- Familiarity with health science and/or global health education and training.
- Experience in event planning or proven skills to organize and execute logistics.
- Ability to manage, to organize, to develop plans and to make decisions using data.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, good judgment, and creative problem-solving.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with fluency in Excel, all Microsoft Office Suite programs, Google products, and admissions and student management systems as well as the ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UGHE.