Deadline: 22 November 2019
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Administrative Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Associate Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Human Resource Management
- Undertake actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provide information regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Provide information on unit’s staffing needs for inclusion in department’s staffing table.
- Budget and Finance
- Assist in developing the unit’s work program and budget; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes.
- Monitor budget/work program on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary.
- Support the implementation of procedures and systems for implementing the appropriate financial database.
- Contribute to the development of budgetary guidelines for own unit.
- General Administration
- Supervise support staff as required.
- Perform other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced level university degree in business or public administration, finance, accounting, or project management is required.
- A first level degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related area is required.
- Work experience in the United Nations is desirable.
- Work experience with Global Environment Facility (GEF) projects is also desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of French language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.