Deadline: 14 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Administrator in New York, United States.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Administrator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the effective implementation of the Strategic Plan of UNDP and monitoring key aspects of the organizational performance. In particular, the Associate Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of key aspects of the operational programme of UNDP, and ensuring the organization’s institutional and operational effectiveness.
- Oversee the use of resources of the organization, ensuring they are being used effectively towards the results identified in the strategic plan and identifying major existing or emerging resource related challenges in the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of approved audit and evaluation policies and recommendations.
- Oversee the implementation and operationalization of Executive Board approved programmes of UNCDF, UNSSC and UNV.
- Advise the Administrator on substantive matters and in the organisation’s strategic planning and the development of management tools and instruments to enhance the performance of UNDP in its overall mission.
- Assist the Administrator in developing and facilitating consultations with Governments.
- Represent the organisation in the UN Sustainable Development Group and relevant inter-agency as well as UN development system reform related processes and committees, as delegated by the Administrator.
- Represent the organization where required and assisting in the establishment and development of key partnerships.
- Ensure effective security and safety management throughout UNDP.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in development-related disciplines, Economics, Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant Social Sciences.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of sustainable development issues, working in in partnership with national and international actors to create opportunities and solutions to development challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership and proven skills in managing complex organizations (such as an intergovernmental, international non-governmental or multinational private sector entities).
- Extensive experience in operational management at senior corporate level and exposure to, knowledge of managing complex and evolving organizations and the ability to oversee the effective use of the organization’s financial and human resources.
- Proven ability to ensure the effective implementation of and compliance with agreed policies and practices, including with principles of transparency and accountability in the work of the organization.
- Strong diplomatic and political skills and impeccable personal and professional integrity.
- A solid understanding of the United Nations system and mechanisms.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.