Deadline: 20 April 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Finance and Administration Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Associate Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible to assist the Resident Mission (RM) in financial, budgetary and general office administration, management, control, and reporting.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions-
- Maintain accurate and timely accounting records of the RM’s financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative activities, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Support the RM’s daily/periodic banking functions (deposits, withdrawals, and reconciliation) and disbursements for RM’s operational and administrative activities, including payment and recording of staff salaries, payment of contractual services, purchase of office equipment and supplies, travel expenditures, and payments for utilities.
- Prepare/verify the necessary purchase orders, vouchers, receipts, and other supporting documentation for the RM’s financial transactions, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare and submits through designated supervisor/s monthly, quarterly and annual budget and accounting reports to ADB HQ as required, and ad hoc reports requested by the RM management and ADB HQ.
- Monitor the RM’s financial expenditures, and reports them regularly.
- Prepare the yearly budget request submission and mid-year budget requirements of the RM to ADB HQ.
- Guide assigned finance assistants to carry out duties related to the above.
- Verify Mission Authorization Business Travel Requests (MA-BTRs) and Requests for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBT) in the eTrip system.
- Assist Headquarters with settlement and relocation of HQ staff, and processing of staff benefit claims including overtime, staff loans and hazard allowance.
- Support the development and negotiation of contracts and leases for various services.
- Liaise with government officials relating to taxes, government duties, customs clearance and facilities.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably with advanced training in finance/accounts.
- At least 6 years experience in finance, institutional procurements, contracts administration and general office management and commercial/administrative work.
- Proven supervisory, coordination, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Proficiency in operating microcomputers and using standard ADB software packages for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and database application.
- Specialized functional expertise of such subjects as personnel, budgeting and financial control, general office management, management reporting, financial analysis as necessary.
- Analytical proficiency and strong numerical skills.
- Familiarity with local language and institutions.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.