Deadline: 5 September 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Legal Operations Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Legal Operations Officer will provide paralegal and technical support to (i) Office of the General Counsel (OGC) Management in contracts administration for consultants, document management and other administrative support activities, and (ii) OGC’s nonsovereign operations team in the engagement of external counsels, and research and documentation of templates and agreements.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Legal Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Departmental Support Functions
- Review and provide technical support in the process of engaging consultants for OGC through the Consultant Management System (CMS), liaising with project officers, shortlisted consultants, BPBM and PPFD.
- Support the entire department in the function of being OGC’s focal point on file and records management, ensuring that files follow ADB’s classification standard and file maintenance across all teams.
- Assist OGC Management in facilitating requirements for recruitment and position vacancies.
- Provide paralegal support in all functions associated with nonsovereign operations as required, including the preparation of budget requests and monitoring of its budget utilization.
- External Counsel Engagement
- Provide analytical, technical, and administrative support in the process of engaging external counsels covering the preparation of requests for proposals, review and evaluation of bids, preparation of requests for endorsement of counsel selection, and arranging for the execution of engagement letters.
- Review external counsel invoices and ensures compliance on fees and billing arrangements based on retainer agreements; monitors and coordinates payment arrangements with internal and external parties.
- Compile data and statistics on external counsel engagement and invoices for monthly submission to the nonsovereign operations team.
- Legal Research and Support to Nonsovereign Operations
- Provide diverse general and in-depth reference and research service for nonsovereign operations team using online databases and other document repositories.
- Coordinate with Private Sector Legal Group in the development, compilation, and maintenance of relevant legal precedents related to nonsovereign operations and prepares a summary of key issues for further discussion and analysis as required
- Prepare initial draft documents, including templates and model agreements related to nonsovereign operations as required.
- Provide assistance on the application and interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to legal operations assistants involved in nonsovereign operations work.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned on non-project specific matters as directed by the Supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Commerce, Management, Accounting, or other relevant discipline, with work experience in multilateral financial institutions, preferably with advanced training.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience.
- Understanding of multilateral development bank’s operational processes and procedures, particularly on nonsovereign operations.
- Ability to undertake research and analysis; collect and organize required data and information; and prepare notes, papers, and sections of reports for dissemination.
- Ability to handle sensitive information requiring confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Excellent analytical skills; attention to details; ability to concentrate.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work with a multilateral institution’s Legal Department’s lawyers as well as staff from other Departments.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.