Deadline: 1 November 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Behavior Change Communication Project Assistant – Spotlight in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Behavior Change Communication Project Assistant – Spotlight will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to the management of behavior change communication activities under the Sanap Wantaim Behaviour Change campaign for the Spotlight Initiative:
- Support the expansion of Sanap Wantaim into the Spotlight Provinces.
- Coordinate weekly activities with Sanap Wantaim youth advocates in identified communities and schools in the Spotlight provinces.
- Coordinate weekly activities with Sanap Wantaim youths in partnership with various CSO’s, FBOs and women’s groups.
- Coordinate events to be conducted in collaboration with the Sanap Wantaim youth advocates, local government, CSO’s, FBOs and women’s groups.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the behavior change components of the Spotlight team in UN Women:
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of the behavior change activities.
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for program related activities.
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for program activities; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Make travel arrangements for the Sanap Wantaim team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization:
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- 3 years of relevant administrative or programme/project experience performing the above-mentioned tasks, is required.
- Experience in the UN system will be considered and asset.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience of working on behaviour change campaigns.
- Experience working with young people.
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of programme delivery.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Good financial and budgeting skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as in local language (Tok-Pisin) is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.