Deadline: 26 March 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Budget and Management Services Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Budget and Management Services Specialist will undertake activities to assist the annual budget formulation, quarterly and mid-year budget review process.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget and Management Services Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support the preparation of the Midyear Budget Review, Work Program and Budget Framework (WPBF) and Annual Internal Administrative Expense Budget.
- Under a matrix assignment, provide full range of budget support to selected departments and offices, review and recommend budgetary allocations, and support the preparation of the annual administrative budgets.
- Review and coordinate with departments, as assigned, on their annual budget and midyear budget submission, and prepare analytical reports on certain expense line items, as assigned.
- Monitor budget utilization levels and recommend corrective action, if necessary, to ensure
- Prepare various background papers required for departmental initiatives that contribute to the efficient allocation of resources, which may include organizational realignment.
- Review and recommend accordingly any changes to budget and cost information systems, policies and procedures to promote timeliness, accuracy and efficiency in generating budget related data.
- Undertake or contribute to the implementation of special projects for process and systems improvements.
- Represent BPBM on bank wide activities, working groups and committees as assigned.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management, or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Possession of an internationally recognized professional qualification such as Chartered Finance or Accountancy (CFA/CPA) or its equivalent is an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of broad-based experience and knowledge in accounting, financial management and administration.
- Proven application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Ability to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- Act as a coach to develop capabilities/potential of more junior colleagues.
- Ability to act as a team leader when required with supervision from the Director or a more senior team leader.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in multilateral development organizations preferred.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.