Deadline: 23 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Development Officer in Oecussi Ambeno, East Timor. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with local businesses to foster their capacity for production and investment.
- Assess the needs, constraints, strengths and weaknesses of each idea or local business.
- Facilitate Business planning to identify and establish business development opportunities.
- Develop the Business Plans for investment of at least 4 local business.
- Support local business in the presentation of all documents for the “Competition of Ideas” stage.
- Identify training needs of local businesses.
- Facilitate capacity building of small enterprises to address identified weaknesses.
- Develop a strategy/schedule to mentor and monitor the implementation of the business plans selected for investment.
- Organize, in coordination with all the team, the implementation of all activities, workshops, events of the Oe-cusse Business Incubator.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Administration, social sciences or related areas.
- Master’s degree in economic development or business management.
- At least 2 years for Bachelor degree and 0 year for master degree in previous experience in business development support in the public or private sector.
- Experience in the usage of computers and word/excel package.
- Comfortable learning new software as needed, transferring the knowledge and providing training.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
- Working knowledge of Tetun or Baikeno is compulsory.
- Portuguese is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.