Deadline: 25 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Administration/Human Resources) in Thimphu, Bhutan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Business Support Assistant (Admin/HR) will be responsible to deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant (Admin/HR) will perform the following functions-
- HR Responsibilities:
- Respond to general HR queries and follow up actions in line with the applicable rules and regulations, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Contract management and benefits administration – monitor contract expiry, renewal and applicable entitlements and benefits are timely administered and ensure actions are timely processed; a range of HR documentation e.g. employment contracts, appointment/extension/separation actions/training-related requirements are initiated and accurately drafted in line with policies and procedures by the established deadlines.
- Prepare monthly payroll, ensure correct application of health insurance and dependency benefits, calculate and verify overtime and maintain attendance and leave records by the established deadlines.
- Provide assistance in all talent acquisition process related to the recruitment under different contract types.
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, drafting vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview, as required, onboarding of new staff etc.
- Use corporate on-line recruitment tools and systems (E- Recruitment).
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Check and verify the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, protocol, inventory and assets management database etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Conduct annual physical count of all the assets in the Asset Management Database.
- Maintain and record incoming and outgoing mails
- Facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Office which includes scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings and any other duties supporting the Head of Office.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A first university degree or specialization in HR would be an added advantage.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of human resources and administration in a multinational corporation/ organization.
- Strong number orientation
- Expertise in advance MS Office. Word, Excel, Power Point is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (such as SAP) would be an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written English and Dzongkha.
- Nationality of Bhutan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.