Deadline: 17 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Dadaab, Kenya.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- 2 or more year’s of experience in general administrative work.
- Fluency in English language (both written and oral).
- Knowledge of Somali Language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word, Excel.
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.