Deadline: 17 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Kampala, Uganda.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc) with the corporate Administration policy and guidance.
- Check the provision of a range of services, in coordination with facilities, fleet management, travel, protocol etc while maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Liaise with the relevant authorities to process and renew visas, identity cards, resident permits among others for WFP international staff and their dependents.
- Maintain an updated spreadsheet of visa expiry dates on the shared drive.
- Promptly process transfer of ownership, motor vehicle registration and deregistration documents through Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Uganda Revenue Authority.
- Process travel authorization and creation of Trip Documents (TAs) in SAP travel module to align with corporate travel guidelines and SOPs.
- Facilitation of travel by road/air in coordination with the fleet manager and travel agent.
- Periodically close travel open items in WINGS.
- Liaise with travel agents to make flight reservations and bookings for staff members travelling in and out of the Country, on the most direct and least costly flights.
- Verify invoices for payment from travel agents against actual services rendered and ensure timely payment.
Applicant must have:
- Diploma in Business Administration, or a related academic field.
- At least 3 year’s of work experience in travel and protocol.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Hands on experience on ERP/SAP platform for travel management
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.