Deadline: 25 June 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant & Backup TEC Assistant in Bangui, Central Africa Republic. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant & Backup TEC Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Collect all TEC Purchase Orders (goods and services) on the basis of the annual procurement plan, ensure the accuracy of the details on the Purchase Orders, liaise with the head of the IT unit, the CFO and the BPO (budget service) for budget codes / reserve funds to support procurement. Transform all manual Purchase Orders into Electronic Purchase Orders through WINGS and forward them to procurement for action.
- Provide a weekly report on all Purchase Orders and their status.
- Close follow-up with purchasing services to ensure that requests are immediately transformed into Purchase Orders.
- Ensure the immediate transmission of Purchase Orders to suppliers and follow them up in order to come into possession of the required goods / services.
- Provide weekly reports on POs and their status,
- Track the shipment of all IT goods, with the administration, follow the customs clearance process and ensure that IT goods and accessories are immediately cleared.
- Provide weekly report on IT equipment shipped and their respective customs clearance status
- Closely monitor TEC invoices for goods and services and ensure that details are entered into the CRS and closely monitor finances for timely payment of all invoices.
- Provide a weekly report of all invoices in terms of clearance and
- Provide administrative support for all TEC missions, coordinate mission plans, prepare mission order, UNHAS reservation or transportation requests for field missions, and any other travel related support.
- Provide regular reports on missions undertaken and missions in progress.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate University Degree in computer science and business administration.
- At least 3 year’s of progressive responsibility professional experience in administration, information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as WAN / LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, Office 365 applications such as One Drive, Planner, SharePoint, etc.
- Some experience in the field of customer support, for example in a help desk or a user support unit.
- Experience working under pressure and sometimes long hours is highly desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in French or English, and good working knowledge of either language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.