Deadline: 17 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) in Mbarara, Uganda.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) will perform the following functions:
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- In collaboration with the HR Focal points, follow up of monthly absence of WAE staff under SSA Contracts (WAE) to support payroll management.
- In collaboration with HR Focal points, manage Satellite Office staff separations while ensuring relevant documents are maintained before an employee leaves the organization.
- In partnership with the supervisors follow up on accomplishment of learnings required e.g. mandatory courses.
- Support staff to use online medical services such as obtaining temporary medical cards, E-Claims etc.
- In partnership with supervisors, follow up on performance management process e.g. performance plans and annual assessment for the SO in accordance with the performance management cycle.
Applicant must have:
- University degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences or other relevant field obtained from a recognized education institution.
- At least 4 year’s of experience in the field of human resources or related field in an administrative support role.
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in a diverse set up in order to provide high quality support service.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals including maintaining confidentiality.
- Fluency in written and oral English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.