Deadline: 17 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The Duration of this post is 1 Year.
The Business Support Assistant will deliver standard business support processes and facilitate effective service delivery.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records.
- Search and retrieve office files, and reproduce documentation and background material for reference and action by the supervisor, as and when required.
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports.
- Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies.
- Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of WFP property are done and recorded accurately.
- Record expenditure/disbursement of funds (petty cash).
- Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Centre.
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable.
- Monitor office facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and micro purchase order for goods and services ensuring correct objects of expenditure and availability of funds.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum secondary school education, including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Working knowledge of WFP/UN administrative policies and procedures is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard software packages such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.