Deadline: 9 July 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Ethiopia.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership, oversight, management, and overall coordination of technical activities, trainings, and increased public-private collaboration, in coordination with the senior management team.
- Support the development and implementation of key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, and performance management.
- Oversee and review all technical writing products and deliverables, including on-going quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Ensure all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate for local context, and integrate innovative practices, emerging knowledge, and international best practices into program activities.
- Identify challenges, obstacles, and difficulties affecting program implementation, develop strategies to solve those problems, and work with USAID and program staff as needed to implement those strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Government of Ethiopia, partners, private providers, and other key stakeholders in the private and public health sectors at the community, country, and international level.
Applicant must have:
- MD plus advanced degree in public health, business management/administration, health economics, international health, health policy, or in a related field.
- Minimum 15 year’s senior-level experience in managing health programs in Ethiopia.
- 5 year’s of experience working as chief of party, deputy chief of party, country director, or senior leadership position, with USAID experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s of professional experience working in one of the following areas: market access, pharmaceutical and/or medical technology, digital health, health service delivery, and/or public-private partnerships.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian health systems, private sector, and governance structures at all levels, including challenges, opportunities, and historical context.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including the U.S. government, the Ethiopian government, and representatives of community organizations, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Strong skills in data use and interpretation, and ability to adapt program activities based on continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to perform at a senior management level, including managing staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management.
- Experience and a positive working relationship with USAID, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, reporting requirements, and grant management.
- Fluency English oral and written communication skills is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.