Deadline : 22 January 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Nepal.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for leading technical assistance that supports Nepali civil society organizations and media actors.
- Drive overall strategy and supervise teams including providing project management, operations, and financial leadership to attain the program goals.
- Lead the strategic planning of the project, such as annual work planning, oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets.
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ program management unit on all program related matters.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as international relations, political science, journalism, public administration, law, or peace/conflict studies is required or a bachelor’s degree with at least 12 year’s of professional experience and 6 year’s of supervisory experience.
- Minimum 10 year’s of senior-level professional experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO, managing an office or program.
- Experience leading complex international development programs as a chief of party or team leader is required.
- Leadership experience on civil society strengthening or media related projects preferred.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, managing, or leading monitoring and evaluation processes, previous experience managing grants under contract is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to foster a cohesive and collaborative environment with donors, government stakeholders, private sector entities, and project staff.
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred.
- Familiarity with Nepal’s civil society and media environment is preferred.
- Experience in South or Southeast Asia is required.
- Experience in Nepal is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.