Deadline : 2 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Tanzania.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Lead and manage the project to ensure seamless program implementation.
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, cooperative agreement requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems.
- Coordinate with and maintain effective working relations with senior host-government stakeholders, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, and U.S. government agencies.
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate that encourages integrity, honesty, open communication, and compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Oversee the program, with overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field.
- Minimum 8 year’s of progressively responsible senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH, infrastructure and financing, or utility-reform programs, or in other related fields.
- Strong working relationship with the government of Tanzania and relevant ministries; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with gender and youth integration in project implementation preferred.
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Swahili preferred.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.