Deadline : 2 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Tanzania.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Lead and manage the project to ensure seamless program implementation.
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, cooperative agreement requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems.
- Coordinate with and maintain effective working relations with senior host-government stakeholders, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, and U.S. government agencies.
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate that encourages integrity, honesty, open communication, and compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Oversee the program, with overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field.
- Minimum 8 year’s of progressively responsible senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH, infrastructure and financing, or utility-reform programs, or in other related fields.
- Strong working relationship with the government of Tanzania and relevant ministries; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with gender and youth integration in project implementation preferred.
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Swahili preferred.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.