Deadline: 24 November 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Supply and Logistics in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Supply and Logistics will perform the following functions:
- Provide rapid and relevant responses to evolving supply needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Ensure sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular, accurate reporting to maintain the highest level of integrity, standards and accountability.
- Ensure that effective support is provided to develop Government capacity in supply chain management.
- Supervise and manage effective procurement, local and/or offshore, with a goal to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality.
- Collaboration and Partnership
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
- Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.
- 10 year’s of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.