Deadline: 20 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer – Global Internal Engagement in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of integrated and innovative internal engagement campaigns to support the implementation of IFC’s strategic business agenda with focus on the HR agenda.
- Support Executive Engagement with different internal stakeholders to get their buy in for key IFC programmes in HQ and in regional offices.
- Support the launch and implementation of key HR initiatives to strengthen the employee value proposition at IFC.
- Lead and directs a team charged with developing and monitoring high visibility internal engagement plans and activities.
- Collaborate with HR team members around the world to understand and support HR’s programmes Initiates effective professional relationships with key internal constituencies, including the MT.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and logistics, often across multiple teams, for communication-related activities involving internal audiences.
- Support risk identification and mitigation activities in the context of corporate and operational communication interventions; advises specific internal stakeholders on internal developments related to IFC’s thematic work.
- Manage specific human and financial resources for team/unit and specific tasks/projects. Helps plan and supervise procurement tasks and/or issues as needed.
- Ensure strong coordination with the rest of the Partnerships, Communication and Outreach team.
- Ensure the organizations brand identity and enforces its guideline to maintain consistency across internal initiatives, productions, and channels.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- 8 or more years experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage relationships with senior industry colleagues and content experts and contribute to strategy development.
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and to be innovative as new communications challenges arise.
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.