Deadline: 11 March 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Community Engagement Specialist in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Community Engagement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provides technical advice on community engagement
- Lead collaborations with local government and community groups
- Advises on inclusive climate change adaptation practices
Applicant must have:
- Advanced degree in social science, gender and youth studies, communication, or another field related to community engagement
- Extensive experience in community organizing, community-based NRM and adaptation, livelihoods, gender and inclusion, and establishing multi-stakeholder and co-management mechanisms
- Extensive experience assessing community livelihoods, engaging local communities, and establishing multi-stakeholder mechanisms
- Experience working at subnational level with communities, smallholder groups, village groups, and similar organizations in various cultural settings throughout Sri Lanka
- Expertise in participatory planning, community organizing, and capacity building
- Proven ability to support communities in the development of sustainable, mutually beneficial, and equitable relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Sinhalese or Tamil
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.