Deadline: 5 August 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Compliance Officer in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Compliance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Serve as the Country Office focal point for risk management and compliance initiatives (such as the risk register and the internal control self-assessment check-list), to coordinate their implementation in the country office and support the senior management in the preparation of feedback to AFRO/HQs concerning such initiatives, as well represent the country office in the WHO compliance network.
- Using Compliance monitoring tools identify internal constraints which under mine compliance within WCO’s programmes and operations, and propose corrective measures, review the current approaches available on assessing, measuring, and mitigating risks.
- Work closely with operations manager to review internal and external audit reports in order to understand risk and compliance findings by Auditors, identify systemic issues, compliance related findings and recommendations, follow up and track progress the implementation of audit recommendations, generate lessons learned from audit reports and bring these into the overall compliance and risk management.
- Recommend appropriate tools to systematically record, monitor and report on a wide range of organizational risk areas, facilitate securing of internal support to mitigate identified risks.
- Using the tools introduced by HQ/CRE propose risk mitigation and compliance measures in key organizational areas,including inter a lia procurement, human resources, finance and security in collaboration with the primary focal points of these respective units.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business administration, public administration, international business, finance, law,economics or related field.
- Master’s Degree in business administration,public administration, international business, finance, law, economics or related field.
- At least 5 year’s of combined relevant experience at the national level in complex organizations, in areas under general management and administration, internal control frameworks and related monitoring processes and systems.
- Previous experience in a compliance/audit function is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of WHO administrative rules, procedures and systems and understanding of the complex interrelationship of factors,rules and systems which lead to non-compliance.
- Demonstrated solid analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret policy and apply correctly.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgment with respect to sensitive information.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.