Deadline: 11 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Contract Assistant in Bogotá, Colombia.
The Contract Assistant will be responsible to provide a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the individual contracts of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Contract Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft and prepare low value Purchase Orders/Contracts.
- Draft and prepare Purchase Orders/Contracts on the basis of LTA’s adjudicated bids, established price lists, monitors timeliness of deliveries, etc.
- Prepare Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements.
- Draft & prepare for final signature, maintaining full confidentiality at all times, Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Monitor delivery and performance of vendors, prepare and update status report on the Purchase Requisitions (PRs)
- Purchase Orders, expedite deliverable, continuously updating Programme Sections on status and providing other related information as required. Maintain procurement monitoring database.
- Assist in monitoring the closure of POs by keeping an eye on payment requests status which are under payment.
- Administer documents flow and ensure electronic and hard copy filing according to the established CO procedures.
- Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Monitor deliverable against agreed milestone, issues letters and general correspondence related to individual contracts.
- Serve as a back-up for the supply assistant.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization. University degree in administrative, accounting or financial areas would be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience hiring processes is an asset.
- Good level in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Advance knowledge in MS Excel and experience in the use of SAP is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.