Deadline: 2 May 2017
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Contracts and Procurement Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal . The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Contracts and Procurement Officer will analyze and interpret the financial rules and regulations, analyze operational effectiveness reports, design monitoring tools and develop systems with the assistance of the Project Manager.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Contracts and Procurement will perform the following functions-
- Develop a contract management and monitoring plan for MIP Project and other UNOPS Nepal projects as required.
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained for all major contracts.
- Develop and Implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, in collaboration with projects and operations teams.
- Monitor and analyze contract performance against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanism.
- Advise senior management on any potential issues and recommend remedial actions or solutions.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/ problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with legal/ contractual obligations.
- Frequently convene meetings with contracted parties and UNOPS project personnel to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit teams and provide feedback to the audit team, review and provide inputs to draft audit reports and follow up implementation of recommendations.
- Implement reviews and audit recommendations.
- Clean monthly review and quarterly audit checklist to the regional office.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or relevant discipline is required.
- Master degree in Engineering is highly preferred.
- Relevant combination of academic credentials, relevant trainings and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master degree.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 year of progressive experience in the related field is required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in procurement, contract management and client service is required.
- Experience of working with national and international organizations would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Nepali language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.