Deadline: 31 July 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator of the Agribusiness Dev. Programme in Oecussi Ambeno, East Timor. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordinator of the Agribusiness Dev. Programme will perform the following functions-
- Develop overall approach for delivery with the project manager.
- Day-to-day co-ordination and oversight of program implementation.
- Design simple and pragmatic methodology for OE-CUSSE AGRIBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.
- Develop tools, templates and training materials to support methodology.
- Supervise team and provide support to enable the team to deliver quality outputs.
- Ensure quality of training materials and business plans.
- Manage deliverables, project schedules and quality of deliverables.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to foster local production and investment.
- Support the development of the methodology for the Business Plans and pilot project development.
- Guide the staff of specialists and offciers to implement the methodology developed.
- Assess and approves step by step strategy for 5 business plans.
- Support value chain development for local agri-businesses.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Social science or related areas.
- Master’s degree in Business administration, Economics, Accounting or Finance or related areas.
- Experiences in management consultancy, strategic planning, business development, finance, agribusiness or related positions.
- Experience on an agriculture project, especially in one of the following sectors: (coffee, peanuts, candlenuts, mango, papaya, apples, grapes, oranges, rice, mungbeans, red beans, cattle, goats) an advantage.
- Experience in effectively building and strengthening partnerships with key stakeholders, including government, civil society, local community, private sector and development partners.
- Experience with UNDP (a very strong advantage).
- Ability to work effectively with MS Office.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.