Deadline: 30 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- In close consultation with the Project Manager, ensure effective implementation of the project activities including micro-grants awarded to partner NGOs; timely request for support, continuous proactive liaison and interface with the PSU team and the provincial authorities as well as the selected district and LLGs by coordinating the overall implementation in Sogeri and Varirata National Park component.
- Act as the operational focal point for the Project in the province, ensuring the efficient, timely and quality implementation in conformity with the Project strategy and approved Annual Work Plan, and the project’s compliance with its obligations.
- Provide technical support to the Provincial Administration and its coordination mechanism in establishing or reviving existing coordination mechanism to promote dialogue, exchange of information and synergy on biodiversity conservation with other interventions of government and non-governmental stakeholders to include preparation of agenda, minutes and meeting reports to ensure discussions and decisions are well documented and are correct in content and format.
- Coordinate activities to support international and national consultants work at the provincial levels that have been commissioned by the PSU.
- Establish and maintain a proper filing and inventory of project assets register for the field office.
- Performs any other tasks requested by the Project Manager and PSU.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Science, Social Science or other related field.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsibility in project management and coordination, preferably in a similar donor funded environment, conservation or natural resource management projects.
- Working knowledge on public administration, local planning, project management and implementation, and service delivery practices.
- Demonstrate research and analytical knowledge and skills including report writing.
- Excellent IT skills including experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Pidgin.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.