Deadline: 30 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- In close consultation with the Project Manager, ensure effective implementation of the project activities including micro-grants awarded to partner NGOs; timely request for support, continuous proactive liaison and interface with the PSU team and the provincial authorities as well as the selected district and LLGs by coordinating the overall implementation in Sogeri and Varirata National Park component.
- Act as the operational focal point for the Project in the province, ensuring the efficient, timely and quality implementation in conformity with the Project strategy and approved Annual Work Plan, and the project’s compliance with its obligations.
- Provide technical support to the Provincial Administration and its coordination mechanism in establishing or reviving existing coordination mechanism to promote dialogue, exchange of information and synergy on biodiversity conservation with other interventions of government and non-governmental stakeholders to include preparation of agenda, minutes and meeting reports to ensure discussions and decisions are well documented and are correct in content and format.
- Coordinate activities to support international and national consultants work at the provincial levels that have been commissioned by the PSU.
- Establish and maintain a proper filing and inventory of project assets register for the field office.
- Performs any other tasks requested by the Project Manager and PSU.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Science, Social Science or other related field.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsibility in project management and coordination, preferably in a similar donor funded environment, conservation or natural resource management projects.
- Working knowledge on public administration, local planning, project management and implementation, and service delivery practices.
- Demonstrate research and analytical knowledge and skills including report writing.
- Excellent IT skills including experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Pidgin.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.