Deadline: 5 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Beijing, China.
The Country Director will be responsible to oversee the planning and implementation of the full range of operational work of PRC Resident Mission (PRCM) in line with the long term strategic framework of the ADB and the evolving development requirements of the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Articulate, establish and cascade the Resident Mission’s vision, goals, development strategies and key result areas and oversee their implementation in support of ADB’s goals, departmental goals and in compliance with ADB policies.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans as well as monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long term goals and annual objectives for the PRCM.
- Continually assess the role of the Resident Mission and how it can best respond to evolving circumstances in the PRC and identify key priority areas such as knowledge management, public-private partnerships and regional cooperation, which ADB/ the Resident Mission should pursue.
- Oversee and provide guidance and support to the leadership of complex projects, initiatives and assignments.
- Apply knowledge of a range of disciplines and convert this into business opportunities or improved institutional efficiency.
- Use high level negotiating and political skills to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Match ADB capabilities with client requirements to assess and develop business opportunities.
- Work within a broad concept and framework and contribute to the setting of direction and strategy.
- Provide high-level advice and support to the Director General (DG) in running the operations of PRCM and ADB’s strategic agenda.
- Manage a range of long-term issues of strategic importance to the Resident Mission and with an impact on the performance of ADB.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent in Economics or Engineering or any other relevant field.
- University degree in Economics or Engineering or relevant field, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree
- At least 15 years relevant experience in country programming, project processing and administration at senior levels (e.g. managing teams or leading projects).
- International experience working in several countries.
- Broad-based exposure to strategic planning and policy, and operations of multilateral development and financing institutions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing high-level negotiations with Governments.
- Proven interpersonal, cross-cultural and negotiating skills, with ability to effectively liaise with senior staff, Management, and senior government officials.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.