Deadline: 17 May 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Country Director will lead the growth and transform program quality of the country to new standards, whilst also delivering Save the Children’s strategy within the country through delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children; and ensuring world class stewardship of resources from Members and their donors.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- As a member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team, contribute to strategic development and delivery of international programming, in both humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the Save the Children mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change in-country, including:
- develop and deliver improved outcomes for children through delivery of the Save the Children global programme strategy and global initiatives and growth targets as set for the country.
- Define and implement the new operating model for the country, in consultation with the Regional Director and Regional Senior Leadership Team.
- Engage Save the Children staff, partners and other stakeholders to create real shared ownership and collaboration.
- Be accountable, and develop the capacity of, mentor and hold staff accountable for:
- Developing strong country strategy and operational plans that identify and address significant issues facing children, and are in line with Save the Children’s overall strategy (with a focus on Global Initiatives) and theory of change
- Prepare for and implementing rapid and effective responses to major emergencies affecting children, including building relationships with key humanitarian and development decision-makers and partners in-country
- Be accountable, and develop the capacity of, mentor and hold Senior Management Team accountable for:
- Role modelling and leading the way on the new values and ways of working.
- Provide world class stewardship of resources for children.
- Develop strong country strategy and operational plans that identify and address significant issues facing children, and are in line with Save the Children’s overall strategy (with a focus on Global Initiatives) and theory of change.
- Prepare for and implementing rapid and effective responses to emergencies in-country affecting children.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree level qualification or equivalent length of experience in the sector.
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing a diverse team of senior staff to deliver on both development and humanitarian programs.
- Experience of working with donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding.
- Experience of leading high profile advocacy and campaigning initiatives.
- Experience in managing a growing county office and the need to balance growth with capacity.
- Experience of leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Experience of building personal networks, including government, at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable with developing highly ambitious business strategies at scale and the track record of delivering on these.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Excellent understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Strong and nuanced cultural awareness.
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English.
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including their salary expectations for this role through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.